WDIM 366: Server Scripting 2
This page has resources for a course I'm teaching at the Art Institute of Portland in the Web & Interactive Media Department.
The course for this quarter will focus on delving into the popular PHP Content Management System known as Drupal. Students will learn installation, theme development, popular and important modules, and how to code using Drupal’s API to program their own custom modules. They will learn to apply Drupal’s powerful set of tools and their knowledge of module coding to create sites that are dynamic, socially interactive, fully manageable, and customized.
Files for Class
- Drupal assignment 1
- Drupal assignment 2
- Drupal assignment 3
- Midterm Project
- Drupal assignment 4
- Final Project
Tutorials and Community Support
- Drupal Documentation - Lots of resources here..
- Drupal Theme Guide
- Drupal theme cheat sheet
- Drupal Training and Support
- DrupalModules.com - a better way to find that perfect module you're looking for
Reference and Documentation
- Drupal API
- Drupal Forms API reference
- Module Developer's Guide
- Available Variables
- API for Drupal's Menu System
- Database API
- Defining a new node type with a module
- Views Documentation
Other Drupal 7 Theming resources
- General Steps for Custom Theming Drupal 7 - article on my blog..
- Overview of Theme Files
- How Theme Template (.tpl) Name Suggestions works
- Crash Course for Theming Drupal - my WebVisions presentation